The Shortyz will take place as scheduled (March 11, 2020 aboard The Bateaux in London)
Updated 9 March 2020
International Hospitality Media (IHM) the event’s organiser today confirms that The Shortyz will take place this week as scheduled in London, March 11- 2020.
We believe the ability to do business, and honour the accolades of our hospitality colleagues and businesses are important during these times too. The fact, that this is classified as a small event lasting approximately 3 hours with around 140 attendees supports our decision to continue.
The health and safety of everyone attending the event is our number one priority in light of the global COVID-19 outbreak and we have adopted some specific measures and precautions diligently as follows;-
- Availability of hand sanitisers at the registration desk and across the venue throughout the event.
- Extra signage reminding and encouraging the washing of hands around the venue for our guests.
- Extra cleaning regimes/disinfecting put into place during the event of all high-volume touch-points e.g. catering areas, bars, surfaces, handrails, WC’s, entrances/exits, public touch screens.
- We will be encouraging a “no handshake policy” where appropriate throughout the event and will politely encourage this amongst guests
We are continually monitoring developments and following the latest guidance from local, national and international authorities and the World Health Organisation as it relates to travel to The Shortyz and guests’ experience during the evening.
We encourage all attendees to please check the governments website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public for updates on advice regarding travel activity.
We also request that all attendees follow the government advice;
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards 6.Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
We will of course update, should the situation change and will happily answer any questions you may have firstname.lastname@example.org
Our main priority is we give our guests a great evening and a safe and enjoyable event.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard The Bateaux for the inaugural Shortyz awards